The mission of the LAM Australia is to seek a cure for the rare lung disease, lymphangioleiomyomatosis, referred to as LAM.
LAM Australia is based in Australia and working to strengthen links across the Asia-Pacific region and throughout the world.
LAM Australia aims to facilitate correct diagnosis of LAM by familiarising medical practitioners with the rare condition, to support women who have been diagnosed, and to fund research to accelerate the discovery of a cure for LAM.
- Australian Lung Foundation, Brisbane, Australia
- The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Woolcock Institute, Sydney, Australia
- Malaghan Institute, Wellington New Zealand
- Rare Voices Australia
- Lungitude Foundation
- Tuberous Sclerosis Australia
International LAM Organisations
In January 2007, The LAM Foundation formed the Worldwide LAM Patient Coalition (WLPC) to collaborate with patient organisations in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.